Account log in
Updated 9 September 2016
Bank / Insurance Credit Rating Analysts Frankfurt (Germany) or Limassol (Cyprus)
Capital Intelligence Ratings (CI Ratings) is currently looking to recruit several credit analysts to support the expansion of our rating activities. Based in Germany (Frankfurt) or Limassol (Cyprus), the analysts will be focusing on the ratings of financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, NBFIs) in various regions across the Middle East, North Africa, and Central & Eastern Europe.
About Capital Intelligence
Capital Intelligence Ratings (www.ciratings.com) is an international, privately owned credit rating agency that has been providing high quality and independent credit analysis and ratings for almost 35 years.
A team of experienced analysts currently provides credit analysis and ratings on more than 300 banks, Islamic and other non-bank financial institutions across 39 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Established in 1982, CI Ratings is regulated as a Credit Rating Agency by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), and accredited as an External Credit Assessment Institution (ECAI) throughout the EU and several other countries.
Depending on the candidate’s level and experience, analysts’ will be involved in the day-to-day management of a dynamic portfolio of rated entities. This will include:
- Acting as lead or back-up rating analyst for financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, companies) across a variety of countries, including Middle-East, North-Africa, and Central & Eastern Europe
- Monitoring a portfolio of issuer ratings, including the preparation of rating committee reports, rating recommendations, and presentation to CI’s internal credit committee
- Performing timely and accurate analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors according to Capital Intelligence’s rating methodologies
- Writing and publishing of comprehensive rating reports on individual entities
- Conducting comprehensive meetings with banks and insurance companies
- Communicating ratings, rating rationales and rating methodologies to senior management of rated entities
- Writing and publishing sector-specific research and insightful commentary
- Responding to external queries from subscribers, investors and the media regarding Capital Intelligence’s analytical approach and rating opinions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, business administration, economics or management
- 3-10+ years of relevant work experience in a financial analysis / credit research role within a rating agency, bank, insurance company, asset management company, or audit firm, with an Emerging Market background.
- In-depth understanding of financial statement and ratio analysis, accounting standards, as well as the economic and operating environment for banks and/or insurance companies
- Strong team player, confident and professional appearance and high social and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as being a good team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are indispensable for the role
- Additional advanced language skills in other languages (French, Arabic, Farsi) would be an advantage
Capital Intelligence offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you are interested in the above position please send your detailed application, including CV, earliest possible start date, location (Germany or Cyprus) and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Accounts Analyst Limassol (Cyprus)
Position: Accounts Analyst
Role and Responsibilities:
Accounts Analysts provide important support to credit analysts by receiving annual reports and financial statements from rated banks and corporates and entering information from those reports into standardised spreadsheets.
Accounts Analysts also provide support services to sovereign analysts, specifically in relation to the sourcing and spreading of economic, financial and other data used in the determination of sovereign (government) credit ratings.
Accounts Analysts also provide administrative support to rating committees and are responsible for updating information in the ratings database.
The following responsibility list is issued for guidance and is not exhaustive. Accounts Analysts are responsible for:
- Sourcing and spreading financial information in a timely manner;
- Checking the accuracy of computed financial ratios;
- Filing financial statements and related documents;
- Preparing peer group tables and other tools facilitating the comparison of different entities;
- Maintaining appropriate records of country-specific spreading standards and procedures;
- Preparing agendas and circulating reports prepared by credit analysts for rating committee meetings;
- Updating the ratings database before and after rating committee meetings; and
- Ensuring that Rating Checklists are completed correctly and without delay.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a numerical discipline such as accounting, economic, finance, management science, business administration etc
- Good knowledge of financial statements gained through practical experience as a junior accountant (or similar), or from a job that involved financial analysis
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel; some knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills, able to work alone if necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- General interest in international finance, banking in particular
Interested candidates should send a covering letter and their CV to email@example.com